Monday, November 17, 2014

Mormon Mommy Love!

Hi! Welcome to my first official Mormon Mommy Love blog post. I have been thinking about doing this blog for a long time. And then when I re-listened to a talk given by Randall L Ridd (Second Counselor in the Young Men General Presidency) called "The Choice Generation". In case you were wanting to know, this talk was given in the April 2014 General Conference. In this talk he says, "The divine purpose of technology is to hasten the work of salvation. As members of the choice generation, you understand technology. Use it to accelerate your progress toward perfection. Because you have been given much, you too must give. The Lord expects you to use these great tools to take His work to the next level, to share the gospel in ways that are beyond my generation's wildest imagination. Where generations past influenced their neighbors and their town, you have the power through the Internet and social media to reach beyond borders and influence the whole world." Now I do not expect people from all over the world to read my blog, but I do want to do my part. By putting my word out their and contribute to God's work, and showing others my love for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I thought I would start this out by sharing my testimony of Christ.
I have been a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Days Saints (or been a Mormon) for my whole life. This doesn't necessarily mean that I have believed it or known it to be true the whole time though. There was a time when I was a teenager when I really questioned my faith. Not because of some huge experience. Just because. I really wanted to know and understand. But I didn't. But I can honestly tell you now that I know, with no doubt in my mind, that I know the Gospel to be true. This happened gradually. I decided to study my scriptures, and pray diligently. And I really tried hard to listen. And it worked. I asked Heavenly Father if the scriptures were true, and if the Gospel was true. He answered my prayers. And since then I have been able to notice things, big and little, that prove to me over and over that the Gospel is true. One of them was when my niece, Madilynn, was born. That day, I was having a hard time. I received news that I really didn't want to hear, and I felt like my whole day was ruined. My sister was in labor and my parents were about to leave for the hospital when they called and asked her if I could come with them. She agreed, and thank heavens she did! When I was able to witness this little girl coming into the world, it was as if all of what was wrong just disappeared. Like some kind of crazy magic trick. I looked at this beautiful little girl and felt the love of our Heavenly Father so strongly. Before this day, I did know the church was true. But I had a bad attitude about a lot of things still. And this day helped me change my attitude about a lot of things. After I was able to do this, I soon after was able to start dating my crazy hot husband to be, and start what felt like a whole new life. I look at my sweet little niece as my timeline. I feel like she was the start of me changing coarse in my life into the right direction. I know that Heavenly Father had this planned for me. It wasn't some coincidence that my parents thought it would be  a good idea to take me with them to the hospital, and it wasn't coincidence that my sister agreed to let me come. Heavenly Father had His hand in their decisions. Why? Because He loves me. Because He knew that it was just what I needed. I can promise you that He loves you. He knows you. He sent his only Begotten Son to be a sacrifice for you. Not just everyone, but for you personally. Jesus Christ atoned for your sins. He died for you. And He loves you. I see this truth everyday when I look at my sweet little boy. I know that if you just get down on your knees and pray with a sincere heart and good intent, that Heavenly Father will answer your prayers. Sometimes you don't receive your answers immediately. Sometimes you have to be patient. But just remember, we are on His time. He will NOT fail. You will receive your answer. I know this to be true. In the name of Jesus Christ, my Savior and Redeemer. Amen.
My goals for this blog is not just to bare my testimony, even though that is a large part of it. I want to be able to share how being a member of the LDS church has helped me with being a mother. I also want to share lesson ideas for church and family home evening, and lots of other things as well. Thank you for taking your time to read this post. I really do appreciate it. And I hope you have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment